What is the Muslim Society of Guelph?
The Muslim Society of Guelph is a Non-Profit religious organization. The purpose of MSOG is to enable and encourage its members to serve the needs of the Muslim community in Guelph, in conformance with Islamic teachings as contained in the Holy Quran and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) The purpose of MSOG shall be to serve the best interests of Islam and the Muslim community in Guelph and surrounding.
The goals and objectives of MSOG shall be:
1) To help the Muslims in the Guelph community carry out activities in the pursuit of Islam as a complete way of life.
2) To conduct religious, educational, social, civic, charitable, literary, athletic, scientific, research and other Islamic activities as necessary to achieve its purpose.
3) To arrange to hold the five (5) daily regular obligatory prayers and the Friday congregational prayer at Mosque.
4) To strengthen the bonds and brotherly relations among Muslims.
5) To establish good, and friendly Islamic relations with the Guelph Community at large and promote better understanding between Muslims and non-Muslims.
6) To present Islam to the people of other faiths.
7) To further the cooperation with other organizations. In addition, to support and act as an umbrella organization for other Muslim organizations that follow Holy Quran, Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.), in the Guelph community.
8) To utilize available resources to make it convenient for the Muslims in the Guelph area to practice Islam in their present environment...
By the grace of Allah, we have come a long way in the past decades in establishing an Islamic community from our unknown existence. Our march, however, has just begun, we have to go a long way and the pressure of the future would be considerably more than what we can anticipate.
All this progress and achievement were possible due to the generous financial and moral support of the community. Every year hundreds of Muslim brothers and sisters contribute voluntary services for the community which amounts to thousands of man hours. May Allah bless them and all of us.
The spirit of a united and active community is essential for the preservation of our entity and identity. We must not forget the Muslims who came to this country several years ago but lost their Islamic identity due to lack of an active organized community. InshaAllah this will never happen to us because we are united and active and are making an organized effort towards achieving our common objectives.
The MSOG governing body may choose to affiliate MSOG with any other Islamic organization as long as said organization does not practice or promote any principles or activities that contradict the Quran and Sunnah.